Suspect at large after escaping Wash. cruiser Adrian Gomez is considered armed and dangerous, and most likely still handcuffed
Adrian Gomez (Pierce County Sheriff’s Dept. Image)
By Stacia Glenn
The News Tribune
PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. — Pierce County sheriff’s deputies were searching Tuesday for a 23-year-old handcuffed man who escaped from the back of a patrol car early Saturday.
The man, Adrian Gomez, is considered armed and dangerous.
The car Gomez was riding in was pulled over near 112th Street South and 11th Avenue Court South in Parkland, and deputies said they could hear Gomez yelling at the driver to flee. Gomez then pulled a gun out of his pants, dropped it but reached for it again as deputies approached, sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer said.
One deputy broke a rear passenger window, and another deputy pulled Gomez out of the car before he grabbed the gun, according to the department.
Gomez had seven warrants out for his arrest, including resisting arrest, obstructing law enforcement, two counts of driving on a suspended license, driving under the influence, domestic violence assault and violation of a no-contact order.
Deputies arrested Gomez and placed him in the back of a patrol car while they spoke with the driver. When the deputy returned to his car, the man had escaped.
Troyer said the button controlling the rear windows had not been disabled, and Gomez was able to roll down the window and run away. Gomez is Hispanic, 6 feet tall and 225 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. He has “253” and “West Side” tattooed on the right side of his neck and a small teardrop tattooed below his left eye. Anyone with information can call Pierce County Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS.
- Detained woman killed, HPD officer injured in downtown crash (khou.com)
- Man steals police cruiser, on the run (fox10tv.com)
- ‘Dangerous’ fugitive shot, injured by Pierce Co. deputies (komonews.com)
- Pierce County investigators search for suspect who escaped through patrol car window (q13fox.com)
- Suspect shot by police in Buckley (q13fox.com)
- Stoughton man charged after chase ends with wrecked cruiser (tauntongazette.com)
- Woman in custody ejected from Houston police cruiser, dies in crash (wfaa.com)
- Burglary Suspect Jumps Out of Moving Police Car (abc22now.com)